John Overstreet House
Mabel Jordan Building
Mabel Jordan Barn
The bright red Mabel Jordan Barn, (built in 1987), houses collections of early farm equipment, vintage buggies and carriages.The barn now house 1946 Chevy Firetruck donated to us by Dade City along with the 1921 LaFrance Firetruck
C.C. Smith General Store:
C.C. Smith General Store
The C.C. Smith General Store was donated to the Museum by C.C. Smith's niece and was moved to the Museum grounds in May 2000. Built in the 1920's, it served Lacoochee area residents for over 50 years, and carried many of the daily items needed by most families. When you are inside you can go back in history and find meat scales, butcher block, yard goods by the bolt, a Postmasters Station, cooking pans, kettles, bottles irons and many items that have been preserved.
(click image for close-up view)
J.L. Bromley Shoe Repair
J.L. Bromley Shoe Repair was donated to the Pioneer Florida Museum by Mrs .Pearl Bromley. It was originally located at the corner of Pasco and 8th Streets in Downtown Dade City.
John Lewis (Jack) Bromley came to Dade City from Kansas in 1913. He was a gifted shoemaker. After getting his wife
Minnie and son Fred settled in their home on Fort King Road, he opened his shoe repair business which he operated until poor health closed it's doors in 1930. At that time the shop was moved to the Fred Bromley property on Pasadena Road.
It remained there until acquired by the Museum in the summer of 1990. Many area residents will remember the late Fred Bromley, who operated a watch repair business in Zephyrhills for 42 years.
The two newer buildings are the Main Museum Building (1975). The main building houses a variety of collections; medical, Indian artifacts, dolls and toys, textiles (clothing, quilts, linens, etc.), laundry equipment, bottles and jars, pottery, shoe lasts, hats and umbrellas. These and numerous other items all combine to give a feeling of nostalgia and a sense an of pride in Florida's pioneer heritage.