Pioneer Florida Museum Birthday Parties!
Give your child a one-of-a-kind, fun birthday party at the Pioneer Florida Museum & Village! They will have a great time during their private educational tour of an area of the museum – making cherished memories that will last a lifetime. To book a party please call 352-567-0262 or email Curator@PioneerFloridaMuseum.org. Children will enjoy up-close experiences at the Pioneer Florida Museum – then walk over to your picnic/party area to celebrate your child’s birthday with a pizza party!
Birthday Parties at the Pioneer Florida Museum Include:
• A Private Guided Mini-Tour
• Fun activities: 2-3 games and/or art project
• Pizza, snack and bottled water for each guest
• Plates, Napkins, Utensils, and Cake Plates
• Barrel Train Ride (upon request)
• Pioneer Florida Museum gift for the birthday boy or girl
• Liability insurance
• Additional activities available (pony rides, petting zoo, etc. for an extra cost and based on availability).
Birthday Party Package*
• Call Today to book your child’s birthday party!
• $350 for up to 20 guests, including children and adults.
• $12 per person over 20 guests
• Includes picnic tables for guests and 3 – 6ft tables for gifts, food, and drinks in a shaded area outside or tables and chairs inside in the Lockey Tool Room (air-conditioned).
• Parties available Tuesday - Saturday
• Starting promptly at 10:00am, ending at 12:30 pm
10 a.m. tour and activities, approx. 1 hour
11:00 a.m. Pizza o 11:30 Cake/gifts
12:30 p.m. wrap things up/pack up/clean up o 1:00 p.m. party is over
• *The museum does not provide the birthday cake.
• You may bring in the cake of your choice.
• Children must be supervised at all times.
• Options: (choose 1)
“All Aboard” Railroad themed Birthday party you may have by our Trilby Train Depot. The museum provides the décor, activities, and a barrel train ride.
“Tea Party” or “Princess Party” themed Birthday party in the Lockey Tool Room. The museum provides the décor and activities.
“Cowboy” or “Cowgirl” Party in the small side of the Mabel Jordan Barn
Or you may bring in your own themed birthday party decorations or party favors. The museum only provides a short educational mini tour, activities, and the tables and chairs. ($75 discount if you bring all your own decorations, table service, and food.)
Birthday Party General Information
□ A non-refundable deposit of $100 to hold your date. □ A $150 refundable, cleaning and damage deposit is required. You will be refunded the $150 only if everything is left clean and neat and there are no damages. A check will be mailed to you the week after your event. □ Payment in full must be made 2 weeks prior to your date ($500 total, $350 for the party + $150 is refundable if conditions are met.) □ A confirmation e-mail sent a week prior to your event includes a final head count. □ Petting zoo, ponies, or hayrides, an additional cost and subject to availability.
When you arrive, staff will assist you with items you may have for your party.
Two pieces of Pizza (Cheese or Pepperoni), water and one snack per person included. Water and snacks will be provided when pizza is served. Additional drinks and snacks are available for purchase.
YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
Your donation to the Pioneer Florida Museum provides crucial support for our education programs and our historic conservation efforts. As a non-profit organization, the Museum depends on contributions from donors like you to help inspire generations of young people to learn about our local heritage. Your commitment makes clear that you are part of a community that cares about the community of people that settled here before us, our history, and how to make our community better in the future.
It doesn't matter the size of the gift. Your contribution of any amount will go a long way in preserving our history - now and in the future.
Membership in the Pioneer Florida Museum Association, Inc. entitles you to free admission to the museum and special events and festivals put on by the museum. You will receive a copy of the museum's newsletter quarterly and an invitation to the annual Membership Meeting & Dinner in October. If you pay online, you may add your names in the information field or you will be contacted by the museum for the names of the family members you wish to be on your family memberships.
MUSEUM MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES:
Annual Individual - $35.00
Annual Family - $50.00
Life Individual - $200.00
Life Family - $300.00 (2 adults and children or grandchildren up to the age of 18.)
Other Donation Categories:
Friend - Any Amount
In Memoriam - Any Amount
Settler - $250.00
Pioneer - $500
Trailblazer - $1,000
P.O. Box 335
Dade City, FL 33526-0335
QUICK AND EASY WAYS TO SUPPORT OUR FUTURE
For decades, the Pioneer Florida Museum has benefited from the generosity of people who remembered this important organization in their estate planning. Such support is extremely important to us and is greatly appreciated. Here are four ways you might consider including a gift in your plans.
1. Ask your heirs to give a gift to us in your memory.
A few good reasons to make use of this unusual charitable planned giving strategy:
- You already have your plans the way you want them and you don’t want to revise your will.
- Your estate will not be able to take advantage of a tax deduction for bequests to charity.
- You trust your heirs to carry out your wishes even if they are not legally required to do so.
If you are leaving most of your assets to your children, grandchildren, a few close friends, etc., you could arrange with one or more of them to donate a small portion of their inheritance to us in your memory. They would get an income tax deduction for the gift when they make it, reducing the cost to them.
2. Name the Pioneer Florida Museum & Village as one of the beneficiaries of whatever remains in your IRA or retirement plan.
Most people won’t need all the money in their IRA or other retirement plan. If you leave the remainder to your heirs, there will be income tax to pay, and maybe state or federal estate taxes. If you leave the remainder to us, there will be no taxes due. Changing the beneficiary of an IRA is not difficult to do. Simply request a change of beneficiary form from the company managing the plan and follow the instructions.
3. Arrange for the remainder in a savings or stock account to go to the Pioneer Florida Museum & Village.
It is possible to rename a bank savings account in such a way that at your death whatever remains in the account passes automatically to us. While you are living, only you can put money in or take anything out of the account. This is a revocable arrangement, meaning you can always become the sole owner again. It is easy to do. Simply tell the bank officer than you want to rename the account as “(Your name) in trust for (the Pioneer Florida Museum & Village)”.
The terminology for a stock account future gift is a TDO, or transfer on death account. Speak with your broker and say you want to rename the account in such a way that anything in the account at your death automatically becomes the property of the Pioneer Florida Museum & Village.
4. Make the Pioneer Florida Museum & Village a beneficiary of a life insurance policy you already own.
If you have life insurance you have probably named your spouse, children or other relative as the beneficiary. We are not suggesting that you change that, just that you include us as well. We’re happy for whatever you choose to leave us! As with the gift from an IRA, it is a simple matter to request a change of beneficiary form from the insurance company and follow the instructions.
Information collected: Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- contact information: name, organization/church, complete address, phone number, email address;
- donation information/shipping information: name, organization/church, complete address;
- information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions; and
- your request to receive periodic updates or newsletters
How information is used: Pioneer Florida Museum uses your information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, and update you on happenings. Credit cards are used only for donation or payment processing via PayPal and are not retained by Pioneer Florida Museum. We use the comments you offer to provide you with information requested, and we take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication.
No sharing of personal information: Pioneer Florida Museum will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all our donors will be kept confidential. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of Pioneer Florida Museum.
Removing your name from our mailing list: It is our desire to not send unwanted mail to our donors. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing/email list.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”Solicitation of Contributions Registration # CH26924
The Pioneer Florida Museum, is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to education, preservation and display of Florida history from pioneer time to 1945. The Museum offers selected facilities for rent to qualifying groups when there is no conflict with Museum operations or events.
1. Enterprise Church (built in 1905)………………………………..…………$250
with seating for up to 62 people inside (no food allowed)
2. Gazebo & surrounding grounds……………………………………….……$350
includes rental, set-up, & pick-up of up to 100 chairs
3. Overstreet House porch & surrounding grounds …………….…...$350
includes rental, set-up, & pick-up of up to 100 chairs (built in 1890s)
4. Mabel Jordan Barn…………………………………………………..……………
5. The Lockey Room (air conditioned room in Main Building)......$150
with tables and chairs, we can accomodate 42 guests in the Lockey Room.
We can accomodate more with just rows of chairs.
Tables & Chairs available to rent
Clean-up deposit and Damage deposit required
Can accommodate up to 225 guests in the Mabel Jordan Barn
*Alcohol permitted, *certain conditions apply
Please contact us for more details, to do a walk through, and to reserve your date.
Beautiful photos taken in the Mabel Jordan Barn and the Overstreet House porch.
Photography by Laina,www.photographybylaina.com
Wedding photo in front of church by Christina Strong Photography www.christinastrongphotography.com